Terms & Conditions
Definitions within the following terms & conditions:
We, Us, Our: Internet Digital Distribution Limited trading as The Showroom Network and theshowroomnetwork.co.uk
You, Your: The customer/consumer
Contract: Any order of goods by the customer/consumer which has been accepted by us and despatched
Goods/Products: Goods forming the subject of a contract including parts of, or materials incorporated in them as more particularly described upon this website.
Website: www.theshowroomnetwork.co.uk and any pages contained within but not linked from
Section 1: Website Content & Extent of Liability
- All lead times advertised on the website for goods are estimates based on typical deliveries we have seen in the past. Due to the variation of goods it is not possible for us to stock all products advertised on the website, so we provide estimates to help you choose products only.
- Images & descriptions relating to goods on the website are aids to give you a general idea of the goods on offer. Images and descriptions on the website do not form part of a contract between us and you. Due diligence needs to be done to ascertain the suitability of products you are purchasing to determine if the products will work for the purpose you intend for them.
- We do not direct or advise on installation, as every installation is different. Installation of items should be conducted by a qualified fitter/installer/plumber ideally with the guidance of an architect and/or quantity surveyor based on the advice of the manufacturer. We will not be liable to you for any loss or damage which you suffer as a result of any issues that arrive from installation, including, but not limited to consequential loss to you and/or loss or damage to the property of third parties.
- We will not be liable to you for any loss or damage which you suffer as a result of any breach of contract by us, including, but not limited to, consequential loss to you and/or loss or damage to the property of third parties. In any event, our liability to you arising directly from our negligence will not exceed the invoice value of the goods. Nothing in this clause will limit our liability for death or personal injury resulting from our negligence. This clause does not affect your statutory rights.
Section 2: Prices and Payment Terms
- All prices advertised for products and shipping on the website are in GBP unless explicitly specified.
- As standard, all prices for goods on the website include VAT unless explicitly stated. The VAT rate is set by the UK Government.
- We reserve the right to change or withdraw prices for the products or services it offers for sale without prior notice. Any prices increases/decreases that occur after purchase are not retrospectively applicable.
- Unless otherwise specified by us in writing, all taxes and other charges imposed by federal, state, local, or foreign governments on the manufacture, sale, shipment, import, export, or use of the products or services shall be added to the price and billed to and paid by you. You shall defend, indemnify and hold harmless us from and against all liabilities for such taxes or charges and attorneys' fees or costs incurred by us in connection therewith.
- Whilst we do everything we can to ensure the information is accurate as possible if in the even there is a pricing error the website we will notify you prior to despatch before the contract of sale is in place. We will not be bound to honour any orders that have pricing errors on them and we will notify you of any error as soon as they are identified.
- All payments are charged in GBP and any currency conversion is estimated only and will be converted by your card issuer at the source.
- All delivery charges are clearly displayed on the basket stage of your order. These carriage charges are based on standard England, Wales & Southern Scotland (Southern Scotland as defined by our Delivery section below) deliveries using our economy delivery schedule. For countries/regions that do not appear as a shippable area please call or email for a quotation.
- Please note that your computer may display old pages from our site which are stored in your own computer's memory from previous visits - it is important you refresh your browser when viewing any pages on our web site to see the current prices and goods available. Any price changes will be advised and agreed prior to accepting your order.
- Where we run additional offers and voucher promotions, these may only be used singularly and not in conjunction with one another unless explicitly stated.
- We reserve the right to withdraw an offer, whether voucher code or reduced price, at any time.
Section 3: Sales Contract
- Your contract to purchase goods is not complete until we send you an e-mail notifying you that the items have been dispatched.
- By entering into sales contract this would be a legally binding agreement between both parties and subject to UK law.
Section 4: Delivery
- We shall reserve the right to make deliveries or perform services in instalments (this will be notified in writing prior to delivery). Partial shipments or performance will be billed as made and payments, therefore, are subject to the terms of payment referenced herein.
- Special order items are non-returnable and are often subject to longer lead time. You will be notified of a delay in order when we come to order your items. We will request your acceptance of any special order and your acceptance of the lead time (if known). Once a special order has been ordered we cannot accept cancellation. Please check with your card issuer prior to order for an exact amount if in doubt. We will not be held responsible for any difference between the advertised amounts and actual converted amounts.
- All delivery indications or completion dates are estimated and are dependent in part upon prompt receipt of all necessary information to service an order. We reserve the right to allocate, in its sole discretion, inventories, production, and services when such allocation becomes necessary. In no event will we be liable for any premium transportation, re-procurement, or other costs or losses incurred by Buyer as a result of our failure to deliver products in accordance with indicated delivery/performance schedules.
- All deliveries and estimates are done in working days, which do not include Saturdays, Sundays or bank holidays. During the Christmas period our office and deliveries stop, this date varies from year to year depending on when the Christmas week falls but generally our last delivery is the last working day before the 24th December and deliveries resume the first working day of the New Year. Orders made in the Christmas period are processed upon our return and lead times are to be adjusted from when we return.
- For large orders, please ensure that someone is available to help the driver move the goods from the delivery van to your premises. Our pallet couriers only supply 1 driver to deliver your order and are not insured or obliged to assist in carrying your goods into/onto your property. The extent of their contract is to wheel your pallet on to your driveway/path, not to physically move them into your garage or property. Deliveries are made to the nearest hard road point and for the avoidance of doubt we are only insured and required to deliver the Goods to your delivery address and not to bring them into a property or install them. For large orders a pallet will invariably be used to transport your Goods, this pallet is your responsibility when delivered to dispose of as deemed necessary. It is not the delivery driver’s responsibility to take this away with them.
- We endeavour to deliver most of our goods within the estimated lead times on the website; however, some items may take longer due to fluctuating stock levels from our suppliers/manufacturers. All delivery dates given are only and always provisional, whilst we strive to always deliver on a pre-organised, amicable day, sometimes it is completely out of our control that situations arise that we cannot foresee. Where we can we will try to notify of a potential problem with deliveries or times, however, sometimes it is not always possible to do so. We are not bound by any delivery day/dates that either we or our sub-contracted couriers have organised. If the delivery has not taken place through no fault of your own, then we will often arrange another suitable date at yours and our convenience. For the avoidance of any doubt, we shall not be liable for any loss arising from delay in delivery or non-delivery.
- The booking, payment and managing of tradespeople to install and fit your goods are solely your responsibility. We recommend tradespeople should not be booked until goods are received and checked thoroughly. We cannot accept liability or 3rd part costs incurred as a result of any delays in despatch. Please allow a suitable timescale before your tradespeople start work to the delivery of your goods, so that in the unlikely event of any damages, suitable time can be given to the replacement of said goods.
- Goods can only be delivered to the customer's address (they cannot be left with a neighbour) and must be checked and signed for. If the delivery is to a communal building like a block of flats, please note that the driver may require help unloading. The carrier or we may also ask to see identification before leaving the goods or only deliver to a billing address to help protect us from fraud.
Section 5: Inspection of Goods
- Products shall be inspected by you upon delivery and services, upon performance. Notice of rejection or claim for shortages, damaged product, or other nonconformity must be submitted by you to us, in writing (email is acceptable) within a reasonable amount of time, and must specify the particular respects in which the delivery, products, or services, as applicable, are nonconforming. You shall have no right to exercise any remedial rights until notice of nonconformity has been given to us and we are afforded a reasonable opportunity to cure such nonconformity, if appropriate.
- Before signing for goods please ensure that all products have been carefully inspected for any courier damage. In the case of pallet deliveries please check all goods carefully, and in the unlikely event of damage please return the damaged goods to the driver and take receipt of the good items.
Section 6: Cancellations
- If you wish to cancel an order please inform us by email to [email protected] or using our Aftersales page. In order to process this effectively, please provide the following information when cancelling an order: Your Name, Your Order Number, Date of Order, Details of Cancellation. We can only accept cancellations up to fourteen days from the day after delivery. Authorised returns reported after fourteen days would be subject to a discretionary charge. Refunds for cancelled orders within the fourteen day notice period will be refunded within fourteen calendar days of the receipt of the goods. You have a duty of care over the goods whilst they are in your possession. A deduction from the refund (up to the full amount) may be made against the goods if they are returned damaged or in an unsaleable condition or if the original packaging is damaged beyond what is reasonable to inspect the goods. You, the customer, are responsible for the cost of any return carriage and we do not offer a collections service. Cancelled goods should be returned within fourteen days of cancellation. We will acknowledge your request by email and arrange to refund you onto your original payment method. If you do not receive an email from us acknowledging your cancellation then your order has not been cancelled. We do not operate the same cancellation policy as outlined above for business customer only for ender user consumers, all business to business cancellations would need to be arranged and agreed separately to these terms and conditions.
- We do not arrange the collection of cancelled items. Cancelled items would need to be returned to us as your own cost.
- We cannot accept any cancellations for any Special Order items. You would have been notified if your order was a special order as we would ask for your acceptance of such. Please note that your right to return Goods pursuant to The Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation and Additional Charges) Regulations 2013 does not apply in this contract where the Goods are manufactured for you, customised to your specifications or specially ordered and non-stock items.
Section 7: Warranty
- All goods supplied by us are warranted free from defects for 12 months from the date of delivery (unless explicitly stated). This warranty does not affect your statutory rights as a consumer.
- This warranty does not apply to any defect in the goods arising from fair wear and tear, wilful damage, accident, negligence by you or any third party, use otherwise than as recommended by the Supplier, failure to follow the Suppliers instructions, misuse, or any alteration or repair carried out without the Suppliers approval.
- If the goods supplied to you are damaged on delivery or don't correspond with the specification, you should notify us in writing either via our e-mail address ([email protected]) or using our aftersales page contact form, within a reasonable amount of time.
- If the goods supplied to you develop a defect in relation to their quality or condition while under warranty you should notify us in writing either via our e-mail address ([email protected]) or using our aftersales page, as soon as possible, but in any event within a reasonable time after discovery of the defect or failure.
- Where any valid claim in respect of any of the goods which are based on any defect in the quality or condition of the goods or their failure to meet specification (other than in respect of a bespoke specification) is notified to us in accordance with these conditions of supply, we shall be entitled to replace the goods (or the part in question) free of charge or, at our sole discretion, refund you the price of the goods (or a proportionate part of the price), but we shall have no further liability to you.
Section 8: Export Laws
- Our obligations are subject to the export administration and control laws and regulations of England. Buyer shall comply fully with such laws and regulations in the export, resale, or disposition of products.
- Quotations or proposals made, and any orders accepted by us from a Buyer outside the UK are with the understanding that the ultimate destination of the products in the country indicated therein. Diversion of the products to any other destination contrary to English law is prohibited. Accordingly, if the foregoing understanding is incorrect, or you intend to divert the products to any other destination, you shall immediately inform us of the correct ultimate destination.
Section 9: Statutory Rights
- Where you are a consumer as defined by The Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation and Additional Charges) Regulations 2013 your statutory rights are not affected by our Terms and Conditions.